Homemade Avocado Face Masks are amongst the best natural face masks that are known for nourishing and revitalizing the skin. This fruit is packed with skin friendly minerals such as iron, calcium, potassium, copper, magnesium, etc., vitamins A, E, B and K and unsaturated fats. In this article, you will find how to make an avocado face mask at home.
Read on here for some incredible homemade avocado face mask recipes.
DIY Avocado Face Mask For Dry Skin
Avocado is not only good for your health, but it also soothes dry skin. Honey contained in the masks is good for your dry skin, as is the yogurt or milk. Try your own homemade avocado facial masks to nourish, soften, cleanse and moisturise your dry skin.
- Avocado Honey Face Mask: This easy to make face mask for dry skin uses only 2 natural ingredients, namely, avocado and honey, both of which act as natural moisturisers. This mask works wonders for mature, wrinkled and dry skin. Take 1 fully ripe fresh avocado, remove the skin as well as the seed, and mash it up into creamy pulp in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of honey and stir in honey until it turns into a uniform paste. Apply to skin and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off the mixture with lukewarm water and pat dry your face with a soft towel.
- This avocado mask recipe works to impart a beautiful glow to your face. This face mask is not too sticky, but it is delicious!
- Oatmeal Avocado Face Mask: This acts as a great moisturising mask and helps in improving tired skin. Take 1/2 ripe avocado and 1/2 cup of oatmeal. Cook the oatmeal as per instructions in the label on the oatmeal packet and mixed it well with the mashed avocado (without its skin and seed) until it turns into a pulp-free paste of uniform consistency. Apply it on your skin and leave it on for 10-15 minutes or until it dries up. Once it’s done, rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat dry your skin with a soft towel.
- Avocado Yogurt Face Mask: If you want to pump in moisture into your skin then this mask will do the trick. Yogurt also works well for oily skin.
- This work great in winter months. Take 1/4 ripe avocado and mash it up in a bowl until it turns lump free. Mix into the pulp 1 teaspoon of plain organic yogurt and 1/2 teaspoon of honey. Stir them well until you get a paste of uniform consistency. Apply the mask onto your skin for 10-15 minutes or until it dries out. Rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat your skin dry with a soft towel.
- Natural Beauty Tip – In case your skin is oily, go for a lower fat content.
- Avocado, Banana and Egg Face Mask: Take 1/2 ripe / soft avocado, 1/2 ripe banana and 1 egg yolk. Mash and mix all the ingredients together to form a paste of uniform consistency. Apply on your skin and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Once done, wash it off with lukewarm water and then pat dry your skin with a soft towel.
Now you must have observed how easy it is to make and use these DIY Avocado Face Masks. You can apply any one of them once a week and watch your skin getting young and beautiful.
Natural Beauty Tips
- The above additional ingredients are optional. The avocado face masks are effective even when they are made with avocado alone. The optional ingredients you may add for their specific additional properties that may improve skin health.
- Use a soft and ripe avocado for the purpose of making face masks.
- To make the avocado mask cool and refreshing, keep it in your fridge for a couple of minutes before applying it.
- If you add an egg to a face mask, the mask will work to tighten your skin.
- A tip for the people who have extremely dry skin. Add a couple of drops of olive oil to make the avocado face mask even more moisturising.
- Wash your face with warm water to remove make up and dirt before applying any mask, so that the face mask provides the best results to you.
- Do not use any ingredient, if your skin is allergic to it.
- Avocado can stain your clothes, so wear an old T-shirt while making or applying an avocado face mask.
Get in touch with us
Thank you for your enquiry!
We aim to respond within 24 hours.
Questions? Comments? We love to hear from our customers, please send us a message below: